Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Naples during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at CNR Air Conditioning Inc will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call CNR Air Conditioning Inc at 239-241-5318 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.