Whether you appreciate winter or prefer the warmer months in Naples, most of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us cozy. This can have a huge impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Assess the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at the end of the day, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter routinely to see if it must be changed. We advocate at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a convenient way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can fix temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. It’s just one way to be more efficient and help with energy costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more expensive repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If your utility bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. An expert at CNR Air Conditioning Inc can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide more tips on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give CNR Air Conditioning Inc in Naples a call to start down the right path. Contact our team at 239-241-5318 or arrange an appointment with us online.