Summer weather in Naples can be brutal. But you don’t have to choose between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility costs. We’ve compiled some tips to help you out.
The greatest thing you can do to stay comfy and sustain energy efficiency is by tending to your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system working dependably and efficiently, and CNR Air Conditioning Inc is here to assist. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll complete the following tasks recommended by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to be sure there’s safe operation of your system and the chance of a longer lifecycle for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as needed. Dirty coils require your system to operate more often to do its job.
- Check system controls to be sure of correct and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to ensure proper system airflow.
Another crucial piece to remaining cool is routinely inspecting your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter could boost energy costs and damage your equipment, leading to premature failure. Our CNR Air Conditioning Inc experts will look at these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations to set up your own schedule to switch them out.
Here are some other tips to keep your home comfy and energy-efficient:
- Inspect thermostat settings to be sure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- If it’s cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let nature cool your place for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to retain the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Utilize fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a little higher than you regularly would without feeling any changes in your comfort level.
- Another style of fan people often forget about when they’re attempting to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make certain to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to get rid of the heat and humidity from your bathroom.
- Try not to leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven are adding heat into your home, but even routine activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like more ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give CNR Air Conditioning Inc at call at 239-241-5318 or request an appointment with us online.