It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, checking the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like knowing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a variety of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the most savings out there. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to inform you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a variety of benefits that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. CNR Air Conditioning Inc in Naples has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 239-241-5318.