With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can cut a big amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically raise your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your CNR Air Conditioning Inc professional complete air conditioning service
at least yearly is crucial to keeping your system running at its best for a while. He or she can ensure the unit is working properly and can identify possible problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also be sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at CNR Air Conditioning Inc a call at 239-241-5318.