When it’s cold in Naples you count on your heat pump to keep you comfortable. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair visit coming up. Once a year maintenance service from experts can keep your system running properly and find potential problem areas before they deteriorate. Between service visits, make sure to watch for signals that indicate repair is needed. Here are some of the most familiar symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working the way it used to. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem faint? These symptoms could hint at a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump can’t get out of heating mode or cooling mode. When when you need to beat the heat outside, your heat pump cools your home by passing refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps shift the process and moves refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to change modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling normally. Your heat pump may be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might indicate a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a malfunction in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem continues, contact a pro to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump starts running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be something wrong.
You’ll know when you need to book heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The experts at CNR Air Conditioning Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.