On average, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Dependent on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, whether or not you have pets, and how often your air filter has been replaced, to name a handful—you may adjust your air duct cleaning
more or less frequently. So, how can you find out for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are definitely some significant signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
- Is there an obstruction inside your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers wafting out dust?
- When you check inside with a flashlight, can you see a collection of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
- Can you hear clatter other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have a smaller amount of airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s more than likely time to ask CNR Air Conditioning Inc in Naples about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are a few things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and extend the amount of time between professional cleanings.
Above all, setup routine HVAC maintenance with the experts at CNR Air Conditioning Inc. A service of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should comprise of inspection, and possible replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system running effectively, and may help keep your ducts clean.
You can also chat with the team at CNR Air Conditioning Inc about installing an air purification system. We provide the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other steps you can take include:
- Consistently dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Checking your air filters regularly and replacing them when the manufacturer recommends replacing them. Most filters will show dust on them after a short time in service, but they may not require exchanging.
- Sealing drips in air ducts that permit dust to enter from areas like your attic.
- Exchanging poor or broken air-duct insulation.
With an expert air duct cleaning and some preventive measures, you can help keep the air in your Naples home clean and healthy. Give the pros at CNR Air Conditioning Inc a call at 239-241-5318.