Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it running well and keeping you and your family warm during the Naples chill. If you already called CNR Air Conditioning Inc for your annual check-up, you’re absolutely ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 239-241-5318 to get one set-up.
There are plenty of easy things you can do in between expert servicing to improve the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t highlight this enough: check your filters regularly and clean or replace them when advised. This is such a straightforward way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and uphold top efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are open for maximum airflow. Decreased airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are open and clear.
- If plants have sprouted up near your outdoor unit or clutter has gathered, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat frequently to confirm that it’s operating correctly. Merely turn it on and gently increase the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfy matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to schedule a tune-up with one of our experts, call CNR Air Conditioning Inc at 239-241-5318 or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!