Having regular air conditioning service done at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Naples summertime, have the specialists at CNR Air Conditioning Inc conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illegally freeing it to the environment.
- Look for proper airflow through the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We recommend looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call CNR Air Conditioning Inc today at 239-241-5318.