Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Naples are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of the existing filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also lower the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from CNR Air Conditioning Inc in Naples will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 239-241-5318 and stay comfortable this summer.